SUBMIT YOUR WORK
** NOTICE: We won’t be accepting new unrequested submissions until MARCH 2019.
Sorry about that … but please do not insist.
Thanks to all of you who are contributing to our growth!
Where will I be published if my submission is accepted?
First publication is on our IG feed, censored because of IGs policies, we all know about them.
Simultaneously, on this website - WASEmag.com - will have your essay/gallery with the full set of images we have chosen. So far we have no plans of erasing anything after a certain time — this sites is meant to become a repository of artists.
Who can submit?
Photographers and models.
If you're a photographer, you need to have a model release form and/or an agency release. A signed consent will do.
If you're a model, please ask the photographer to send us your images directly OR if you own the rights to your images, you can submit them directly using the webform below.
[* You must include the photographer’s name, a valid e-mail and his site or IG feed.]
What we are looking for?
Something else. Really. There should be one or more human beings on the images. We prefer nudes as we consider nudity to be a form of minimalism: we're not interested in fashion, styling or accessories.
Images must be expressive and creative.
We are looking for the uncanny, the weird, the queer, the unseen. We want that which is vital, necessary, urgent: images where everyone involved felt as if they couldn't be happy without doing that.
* A lot of people send mail asking if it’s ok to have this and that present in the photos, and what about couples and genitals etc… We might not publish something for editorial reasons but we never censor. Send what you want, we’ll look at it and reply.
What we don't accept?
We don't publish commercial work, as good as it may be. No criticism, it's just not our editorial line.
We don't publish work where production or digital effects become more important than people.
We don't publish images with any kind of censorship - squares, stars, blurs, digital blackening of body parts etc.
Your images cannot be watermarked.
How many images in which format?
At least 16. More is better, up to ~ 24. If you can’t make up your mind and want to send variations on specific images, by all means do it, that way we can choose.
File size: 2500 pixels or more (3200 is advisable).
File format: images should be JPGs of the highest quality possible in whatever program you’re using.
* If you want to check for JPG compression problems, look for ‘weird blocks’ on dark/black areas. We have noticed problems in print when working with dark areas in JPGs.
Tonal gradations are also heavily impacted by JPGs — take a good look at them.
If you know & trust us we encourage you to send us 2500 pixel, 16 bit TIFF files. We will use our own conversion process, optimized for each channel we use, and keep your TIFF files for print.
Do you want single-session sets or what
This is growing into a FAQ, really …
We prefer images that showcase your portfolio and NOT a single model, unless the set IS about the model and not the photographer - in which case you probably did talk to us before.
How should I send the images?
Dropbox. Google Drive. Any file transfer tool similar to WeTransfer.com . A single ZIP file is preferable if possible.
DO remember to send model names per image. We need to credit models properly in IG. (“Anonymous” models should be named … “anonymous”!)
DO name the files according to the models in them - it makes life easier here and it makes for a smooth workflow without further mails back and forth to confirm model names.
* If a model wishes to remain anonymous, than that’s his/her name in the file as well. Just be sure you have a written permission from this person.
We reply to all submissions, even if we won't publish your work.
If we decline, please don't be discouraged: we've all had images refused before.
LOOKING AT OUR WEBSITE HELPS A LOT! That’s what we are, that’s what we like to publish.
Please read the legal terms below before submitting, they are important.
Legal terms - simplified version
(1) Your images remains yours.
You can use them as you please for prints, social media, portfolio website, model's social media, books, workshops, pamphlets, interviews about you for other media outlets... That is YOURS.
Just don't send the images we approved to another magazine. That’s all we ask.
Because we invest a lot of time and money, as well as our combined team's editorial, design and marketing expertise to provide you with a privileged space.
In exchange, you allow us to have exclusive magazine publication rights for a small set of your images.
WASEmag reserves the right to remove your images from this site, our social media channels and refuse to print an essay it if this clause is broken.
(2) As a photographer, you assure WASEmag that:
a. the work is yours and you have the necessary rights and permissions from all people involved, specially models, to reproduce it;
b. when nudity is involved you assure us that both you and the model were over 18 years old (or the legal age of majority in your country, if higher) at the time of the shoot.
(3) You formally grant us the right to freely use your images on this site, on our Instagram feed, on any other social network (such as - but not limited to - Flickr, Twitter, Vero, Ello and Facebook) under the name of this magazine; on PDF or Print Editions of the magazine, special issues and other materials representing WASEmag as a publication when and if they become available.
(4) Since we need to generate revenue we'll have some form of subscription, print or PDF magazine sales and/or other revenue generating systems based on the text and images we publish.
In such cases, you specifically allow us to sell a print / PDF edition containing the work you're sending us, or to have an on-line viewing form of the magazine AS A WHOLE, always involving a group of published photographers, as well as in any other form of publication, paid viewing platform, digital or otherwise, that we see fit.
(5) This agreement DOES NOT allow WASEmag to sell individual images or a set of images to third parties. It DOES NOT allow WASEmag to sell individual prints made from your files. And it DOES NOT allow WASEmag to sell, trade or give away your digital files.
* Do note that, as anything that can be shown on a screen, we can’t be held responsible for people willing to take screenshots. This applies to all forms of digital media and all social media channels, from Facebook to Instagram to Flickr to any magazine that exists on-line.
(6) If you publish some of the images you sent us on your social nets, we'd request you to link them to this site - www.wasemag.com - and create a story or post on your Instagram feed when we publish the images. That helps everyone's work to get seen by more people!
(7) We will reproduce credits exactly as they are sent them to us. You are the sole responsible for sending us model / MUA / assistant etc names and, if pertinent, IG / site accounts.